Sinus lifting: Sinus lifting surgery is performed by two methods; the first sinus lifting technique is the closed sinus lifting technique and the other is the open sinus lifting technique.
The anatomical spaces located in our upper jaw near our teeth are called maxillary sinuses; the duty of this sinuses is to provide sound formation and to relieve the pressure applied by the weight of the head. With the sagging sinus cavities, bone structure in the region is lost over time.
Sinus lifting:Sinus lifting operation is performed by two methods; The first is the closed sinus lifting technique, the other is the open sinus lifting technique. To eliminate this situation, which is especially unfavorable in terms of implant treatment, the addition of bone grafting to the cavity to raise the sinus membrane level is called sinus lifting. Lifting is used as a raising operation is performed for positioning the sinus floor higher.
Sinus Lifting Operations
Sinus lifting: Sinus lifting operation is performed by two methods; The first one is the closed sinus lifting implant technique and the other one is open sinus lifting implant technique. In closed sinus lifting (krastel) operation, bone is added into the cavity during implant placement. The closed technique is similar to the laparoscopic surgical technique. Laser technique is used during the operation; Bone graft is taken from another region of the body added into the cavity. We generally recommend the closed technique by evaluating the clinical conditions of the case.
In open sinus lifting (vesturbilel) operation, firstly, local anesthesia is applied. In the open technique, a surgical incision is made from a distinctive area; The sinus is lifted to the required extent, and grafting is performed by adding bone graft into the formed cavity. Then the surgical area is closed. The total duration of the sinus lifting procedure ranges from 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
Sinus After Lifting
Sinus lifting: Since a bone graft is added to the area, there is a need for the healing process for the regeneration of the additional structure and other tissues. Several preventive measures that need to be implemented immediately after the operation will ensure that this recovery process and comfort. These preventive measures can be listed as follows:
- Prescribed drugs should be taken.
- A cold compress should be applied to the area to prevent swelling after the procedure. It is important to apply
- pressure if recommended.
- If recommended, the nose should not be blown for at least four weeks. Sneezing should be avoided if so it has to be done without blocking the airway open.
- It is extremely important to apply pressure for half an hour by biting the gauze to the area after surgical procedures.
- Extreme sports should be avoided for at least one month and the use of brass instruments should not be played.
- Smoking should be stopped for at least two weeks.
- Stitches will be removed at the end of the first week.